Monday, June 30, 2008

New CSS Video Makes Me Feel Awkward

I remember the summer of 2007 and CSS at the Fonda. Going down as one of the best shows I've ever been to, it's hard for me not to appreciate everything that comes from this Sao Paulo electro party band.

Yet, I have matured and CSS' magic has faded with the seasons. CSS (2006 Sub Pop), the group's self titled debut album, was amazing, but their recent release, Donkey (2008 Sub Pop) is lackluster at best.

Their video for "Rat is Dead (Rage)" only makes this fact more painfully clear.



With random camera angles and a black light, this only reminds me of the numerous times when I have shown up, sober and late, to Allston's many theme dance parties looking for the bathroom and only getting the awkward run around by the party's highly intoxicated attendees.

The dead rat at the end only accentuates this traumatic experience and urges viewers grow up and call it a night.

No comments: